Program Requirements

M.A.

The Entrance Examination for M.A. progrmame consists of only objective type questions. The test is designed to test the candidates’ general aptitude (including quantitative ability) and understanding of economics at the bachelor’s
level. The test is of TWO hours duratiaon and consists of 100 multiple choice questions. 

Broad syllabus for M.A. Entrance Exmaination : Microeconomic Theory, Macroeconomic Theory, Trade,Public Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, The Indian Economiy and Economic Development.


I.M.A.

Entrance test details for I.M.A. (5-year Integrated) programme are given under the Centre for Integrated Studies.

The Entrance Examination for M.Phil. programme consists of written test and oral test. In the written test, 75 multiple choice questions will be given on OMR sheets. The written test carries 75% weightage and the oral tset remaining 25% weightage. Only those who qualify in the written test will be called for the oral test.


M.Phil.

Broad syllabus for M.Phil. Entrance Examination: Microeconomic Theory, Macroeconomic Theory, Trade, Public Finance, Mathamatics, Statistics, the Indian Economy, Economic Development, Theories of Economic Growth, Political Economy and Econometrics.


Ph.D

The Entrance Examination for Ph.D. programme consists of written test, and oral test. In the written test, 75 multiple 89 choice quesetions will be given on OMR sheets. The written test carries 75% weightage and the oral test
remaining 25% weightage. Only those who qualify in the written test will be called for the oral test.


Broad syllabus for Ph.D. Entrance Examination: Microeconomic Theory, Macroeconomic Theory, Trade, Public Finance, Mathamatics, Statistics, the Indian Economy, Economic Development, Theories of Economic Growth and Political Economy, Econometrics, Aspects of Research Methodology and Data Base.


Cadndidates for Ph.D. programme are required to submit a research proposal along with applications for admission. Applications without research proposal will not be considered.