Eligibility for Ph.D (Economics)

Entrance Exam & Interview

The Entrance Examination for Ph.D. programme consists of written test, and oral test. In the written test, 75 multiple  choice questions will be given on OMR sheets. The written test carries 80% weightage and the oral test remaining 20% weightage. Only those who qualify in the written test will be called for the oral test.


Broad syllabus for Ph.D. Entrance Examination: Microeconomic Theory, Macroeconomic Theory, Trade, Public Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, the Indian Economy, Economic Development, Theories of Economic Growth and Political Economy, Econometrics, Aspects of Research Methodology and Data Base.


Candidates for Ph.D. programme are required to submit a research proposal along with applications for admission. Applications without research proposal will not be considered.